- General information
A Chinese Visa is an official permit to enter, pass through, stay in, or live in China for a certain period of time. It is a document in the form of an endorsement placed in your passport by a Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence.
Check whether you need a visa to visit China or not!
If you need a visa, please note:
There are several categories and types of visas depending on the purpose of visit. To take part in the conference or scientific program organized by East China University of Science and Technology you should obtain an “F” visa, as the purpose of your trip will be â€œexchanges, visits, study tours or other relevant activities”.
- Here are the documents you shall prepare before submission of visa application for SPASEC-23 and AOTs-24 participants
a. Basic Documents
Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a photocopy of the passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate.
(2) Visa application Form and Photo
One completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken color passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background attached
(3) Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)
If you are not applying for the visa in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original and photocopy of your valid certificates or visa of stay, residence, employment or student status, or other valid certificates of legal staying provided by the relevant authorities of the country where you are currently staying.
(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to foreign citizens those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship)
If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide your previous Chinese passport held and a photocopy of its data page.
If you have obtained Chinese visas before and want to apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate, as well as the previous Chinese visa page. (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change.)
b. Supporting Documents
An invitation letter issued by a relevant entity or individual in China. The invitation should contain:
(1) Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
(2) Information on the planned visit (purpose of visit, arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, relations between the applicant and the inviting entity or individual, financial source for expenditures)
(3) Information on the inviting entity or individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, signature of the legal representative or the inviting individual)
If participator needs the invitation letter, please contact with Prof. Jinlong Zhang, email:Â firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Reminder
(1) The invitation letter may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout, but the consular officer may require the applicant to submit the original of the invitation letter.
(2) If necessary, the consular officer may require the applicant to provide other proof documents or supplementary materials, or require an interview with the applicant.
(3) The consular officer will decide on whether or not to issue the visa and on its validity, duration of stay and number of entries in light of specific conditions of the applicant.
(4) For further details, please visit the web-site of the relevant Chinese Embassy or Consulate General.
(5) Preparing invitation letter for some countriesâ€™ residents will be spent at least 3 months. Please apply early.
When you get the invitation letter, please check the information carefully before applying for a visa.
In case of any mistakes please contact us.
Additional email: email@example.com
Good luck with obtaining your visa!